I have been looking for ways to make money online for awhile now. Of course some work and some don't. But what really bugged me was all the sites that say they show you how to make money online for free. Then they tell you nothing and if you make it to the bottom of the page you find out that it's only free it you give them money. You won't find that here, because I don't want your money. I want googles money. And I want to tell you how I get googles money. So you'll learn a bit about blogs, adsense (cause thats the one I prefer), and how to get the traffic going. Because what the hell good is having adsense if there's no traffic on your page.
1. You need a blog or a website. I went with a blog because it's a bit easier than an actual website. But some of you would likely prefer a website because you can do so much more from your own site. We can talk about that more later if you like.
Whatever you choose you'll need content that interest people. I chose blogging about making money online because thats what interest me at the time. But as long as you keep the information on your blog fresh then you can write about pretty much anything. The point is choose a subject and stick to that subject. If you blog about your neighbors dog, don't decide to write a story about how your car wouldn't start in the morning.
2. You'll need to sign up for adsense, or any of the other programs out there. adsense is from google. Amazon is good too. They have an affiliate program thats pretty popular. I'm not going to post links for you. I give you free information, you use that information to do the work yourself. My only interest for making money with my blog is google adsense, and amazon because they're easy to use and they're popular. I you do a search you can find others that also work, incase your not satisfied with adsense and/or amazon.
3. Now here's the important part. Your not going to make any money if people never get to see your blog or website. So you'll need to market your blog or website. You can't just go on twitter and ask ashton kutcher to promote your blog. Sure that might be cool, and he might get traffic moving to your blog or website. But chances are it won't be the traffic that you need. You'll want people to know whats on your blog or website before they get there, that way you'll have traffic thats actually interested in your content.
So learning SEO SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION, would be a good thing to do right now. There are videos on youtube that teach SEO, just go to www.youtube.com and search SEO then start learning. Is it really that easy? YES, yes it is. From there you can also start learning other kinds of internet marketing. And it's free.
Now I use blogger.com for my blog just because it was the 1st one i signed up for. There are lots of places to start your blog. Like myblogsite.com, blogger.com, thoughts.com, wordpress.com. So just figure which one you'll use, sign up and get started.
Choose a subject, something that interest you and hopefully a bunch of other people. It doesn't really matter much what you write about, there will be someone thats interested in it. A good way to decide what your subject will be is to go to google and use google KEYWORD RESEARCH tools. You'll need to use it later too (https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal). But for now you should research keywords on google. The idea is to find what people are looking for. For example if you think you want to write about your dog you'd type dog into the KEYWORD RESEARCH and find that dogs seem to be very popular. It even shows how they are popular, like dog training, dog breeds, or dogs for sale. So this tells you that if you write about your dog they'll be people that will want to read. But again that was an example, your blog doesn't have to be about dogs at all. KEYWORD RESEARCH is so cool :)
Ok, so now you've started your blog and you want to use adsense (or whatever program you want to use). So 1st you need an adsense account. https://www.google.com/adsense/login/en_US/ that might help you find it..
The important thing about adsense is that you don't have your blog or website covered in useless ads that don't interest anyone. Should have told you this before, I also use blogger because it makes placing your adsense ads alot easier. But the point is that you want your adsense ads to be related to your content. If you are writing about your dog then you can have ads about dog trianing or dog food, stuff like that. Because people are more likely to click an ad that is related to what they are already reading. Also try to keep your ads nice and neat looking. If people need to read around a bunch of ads they're likely to just leave.
Now your blog and adsense is all set up. Lets get the traffic going. 1st go to youtube.com and search for seo. Now starting with the 1st video start watching. These videos will teach you how to advertise your blog and drive traffic there. I would post steps and all that but the videos are great help. You can pause the videos go do what they're telling you, then go back and start watching for more information. Thats the way I did it, it's alot easier than reading and typing.
Things to remember 1. You need to be on the search engines
2. A link exchange is a good idea
3. If you did choose to spend money you would make more.
Now wait, I'm not gonna say ok now gimme money. I still don't want your money. What I am saying is that If you got this far. Then you will make money if you do the work. Or if you look into internet marketing companies you can probably have your blog marketed for you and not have to pay alot. I have tried that yet so I'm not going to refer anyone to anything. Just saying if you have the money to try it then it's probably a good idea as long as your research the company before sending them any money.
Notice the ads on my blog are related to the information on this page. Thats important.
No comments:
Post a Comment